Sunday, November 14, 2010

Alexander Wang Fall/Winter 2010

       Alexander Wang is my hero and role model.  His collections perpetually inspire and challenge me in a way that is simply masterful.  His ideas and collections have this inherent coolness to them which blows me away almost every single time.  And this collection is no different.  I believe he described it as Wall Street meets gypsy, which itself is genius, but the way in which he executed this specific vision was almost deconstructed and just plain cool.




       The velvet, the pinstripes, the ribbed leggings, the shoes.  It was all so damn cool.  My favorite part of the collection would have to be all the little peek-a boo flashes of skin.  It seemed very sexy in a smart way.  And can we talk about the camel coat in the above picture?  Can we talk!!  It's beautiful in that understated, minimalist way that's oh so trendy right now, but yet its got that cool feeling that Alexander Wang is oh so good at.  


       This look has got to be my favorite.  The lacy black slip dress is so sophisticated and chic, it's just crazy.  I am also really feeling the black knit scarf thing and black knit leggings that start just above the knee.  Very, very sexy.

      In the end, after viewing this collection over and over again, I have to say that it has grown on me substantially.  When I first viewed it I thought, yawn, but then I kept seeing it and it became, wow!  It's also what I call a head-to-toe collection because everything from the styling to the shoes to the hair to the makeup were spot on.  Well done Mr. Wang, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment