Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's a Need, Not a Want


       I want this Giles dinosaur bag so badly it's ridiculous.  It is beautiful, and I know it sounds so bad to say that it's a need and not a want, but let me explain.  This bag (and the above image) are from Giles Deacon's spring 2010 collection.  And the whole collection is awesome, but this bag in particular really caught my eye.  It's shiny (which is kind of luxurious) and cute in a subversive way.  Plus it's functional, which makes it totally lust-worthy.  On a side note, I read that once Giles presented these bags, a lot of fashion mag editors got them and basically coveted them.  How awesome is that??


       I love designers and collections and accessories like these because they are so irreverent that they remind me why I love fashion.  Fashion is something that some people (like me) put on an alter, and it's sometimes nice to be reminded that fashion is and should be fun!  And on another side note, the models' blue hair in this collection made me seriously consider dying my hair blue.  But then sanity sunk in, and that was that.  Ah well.

4 comments:

  1. Well you're off to a good start. Come visit me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rickety this is amazing

    your blog is superb

    oh and this is Caelan by the way!!

    ReplyDelete